FINISH LINE

What you learned about yourself as a writer? I've learned that I can be a very lazy writer. When I'm not writing something I re...


  • What you learned about yourself as a writer?
I've learned that I can be a very lazy writer. When I'm not writing something I really want to write about. My work is very sloppy and it lacks a lot of things.  I've learned that I need to brainstorm and take my time. I also need to put time aside to become a better writer for me and my future students.

  • What you learned about digital writing?
  • That it isn't for everyone. As much as we sit at our computers, it doesn't mean we like to use our computer to write. I prefer pen and paper so I am really tuned into my thoughts. Digital writing is great for saving time, but it can pull from the amount effort you put into something at times.
  • What lessons you can take to classroom or share with future teachers about integrating blogging into instruction?
  • That students may not have the resources to blog at home. Students may not know how to type really well. Sometimes their time management can be crazy.
  • Challenges? Successes?
  • My challenges were definitely the blog post. In the beginning of the semester, I was excited, but it turned out that I couldn't keep up with them due to my management of time.  My success would have to be creating a lesson plan that I was very proud of. Incorporating literature like Harry Potter into a fun lesson, to me, was an accomplishment.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hmmm! I am not sure how I missed these! I agree digital writing isn't for everyone, but if we don't try it we never know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm! I am not sure how I missed these! I agree digital writing isn't for everyone, but if we don't try it we never know!

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images